Post updated from December 18, 2014
Do you have a family dinner tradition on Christmas Eve? When my kids were younger, they never wanted to eat a full meal, too much excitement maybe? We started serving a spread of appetizers and charcuterie, not even mad, and haven’t looked back since. Not only does it make hosting easy on me, but my kids munch on veggies all night long instead of sugar! This loaded spinach dip has been the star of the table every year since! It’s packed full of antioxidant rich vegetables, protein rich greek yogurt and your kids will never know it’s good for them! The’ll be too busy gobbling it up!
I created a FREE printable for you to plan your Christmas dinner. You can download it here.
Loaded Spinach Dip Ingredients
- chopped spinach
- greek yogurt
- sour cream
- water chestnuts
- roasted red peppers
- green onions
- korr vegetable mix
What to serve with Loaded Spinach Dip
- variety of crackers
- tortilla or pita chips
- bell peppers
- broccoli or cauliflower florets
- carrots, cucumbers and olives
Tips for making Loaded Spinach Dip
- If using frozen spinach, make sure to thaw completely and squeeze out any excess moisture in a paper towel. You want it as dry as possible.
- Dice or chop your veggies extra small. I like to use this chopper on the smallest setting.
- Allow to set for at least two hours. It’s best the next day in my opinion. Let those flavors mingle!!
What are your Christmas Eve traditions? The older my kids get the harder it is to get us all together. This year my daughter is working both Christmas Eve and Christmas Day, cons of choosing a profession in the medical field. It will be our first Christmas Eve without our whole family together. I’m equally sad and happy about that. Sad out chapter is evolving and proud of what a wonderful human she has grown to be. She has a passion for others and it makes my mama heart so happy to see her serve with love.
Happy holidays friends! I wish you all a wonderful season with family and friends and lots of love!!
Loaded Spinach Dip
- 10 oz frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 16 ounce container light organic sour cream
- 1/2 cup organic greek yogurt
- 1/3 cup homemade mayo
- 1 package Knorr leek or vegetable recipe mix
- 8 ounce can whole water chestnuts, drained and chopped small
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 1 roasted red pepper, diced small (you could also use jarred)
- 1 tsp garlic powder to taste
- salt and pepper to taste
Combine all ingredients and season to taste. Allow to chill for at least 2 hours. Serve with your favorite veggies, crackers, or chips. Enjoy!