This recipe comes from my grandmothers archives, and was one of my favorites as a child. With loads of veggies and minus the sugar and miracle whip its a clean fresh spin on the ever so popular broccoli salad! Its a whole family favorite and delicious as a side with grilled chicken or steak!
We busted out the Traeger tonight for the first time in months! Spring is just around the corner and I can’t wait to get my grill back on!
Clean Broccoli and Bacon Salad
Servings 4 servings
- 2 heads of broccoli florets cut into small pieces (about 6 cups)
- 8 slices cooked bacon chopped (I use Pederson Farms, no sugar)
- ½ cup carrots sliced
- 1/3 cup red onion finely chopped
- 2 large apples peeled and diced
- ¼ cup sunflower seeds
- ½ cup dried cranberries low or no added sugar
- 4 tbsp pure maple syrup
- ½ cup Primal Kitchen mayo
- ½ cup plain greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- kosher salt and pepper to taste
1. Combine mayo, yogurt, red wine vinegar and maple syrup in a bowl and whisk well.
2. In a separate large bowl add cut up broccoli, chopped bacon, sliced carrots, chopped red onion, diced apples, sunflower seeds and dried cranberries.
3. Pour dressing mix over salad until evenly coated.
4. Season with kosher salt and pepper if desired. Enjoy!
Leave a Reply