Say hello to the only grilled chicken recipe you’ll need this summer! It’s easy, versatile and absolutely lip smacking delicious! Marinated in a bath of lime juice, olive oil and a tasty line up of Watkins Organic spices, prepare yourself for tastebud overload!
Mr. Clean Eats has been dubbed the grill master in our home and for good reason, he nails it every single time. I don’t think I have ever had a recipe of his that I didn’t love. In fact, we can thank his master grilling skills for playing a major role in our love story.
On one of our very first dates, he made us dinner, grilled halibut drenched in lemon butter with zucchini and corn on the cob. He even baked a cake for dessert, of the boxed variety but still very impressive. Not only was this man kind, easy on the eyes, and funny but he could cook too?! It was at this exact moment I knew I was going marry him, or at least hire him as my own personal chef! I’m glad things worked out, he’s been making me laugh and baking me cakes for over a decade now.
Marry someone who can cook, looks fade, hunger doesn’t.
Sunday suppers are my favorite
On Sunday’s, Mr. Clean Eats takes over dinner, a tradition of ours since the beginning and always my favorite meal of the week! He starts planning next week’s menu before we even clear the table, I look forward to it and he does too. We don’t get a lot of alone time together with the hustle of kid’.s crazy schedules and cooking together is food for my soul. BONUS the kids take care of the dishes and we sneak in a few extra minutes of quality time on the porch. Highly recommend.
His most recent success is GRILLED CHICKEN. Yes, its basic, but he has perfected it! I knew the minute I took a bite it had to go up on the blog to share with the world! You are welcome.
Grilled chicken marinade ingredients
The ingredient list may look long, but trust me each spice plays an important role and you likely already have most of them in your pantry at home. Here’s what you’ll need to make the best grilled chicken.
- Fresh lime juice
- Lime zest
- Olive oil
- Watkins Organic Cumin
- Watkins Organic Paprika
- Watkins Organic Garlic Powder
- Watkins Organic Onion Powder
- Watkins Organic Himalayan Pink Salt
- Watkins Organic Oregano Leaves
- Watkins Organic Black Pepper
- Watkins Organic Chili Powder
The olive oil keeps the chicken moist and juicy while the lime juice breaks down the fibers in the chicken to make it extra tender. Each spice blends together in perfect harmony to create the most intense flavor your mouth has ever tasted! Your taste buds will be on flavor overload, that’s a good thing btw!
I suggest allowing the chicken to marinate for at least 30 minutes to an hour, preferably more like 4. The longer the seasonings and spices have to mingle, and the acid has to tenderize, the better the flavor!
We use, and love Watkins Organic Spices and Spice Blends for everything. Not only are they sealed full of flavor, but they are made with the highest-quality USDA Organic Certified and Non-GMO Project Verified herbs and spices sourced from trusted growers that follow sustainable standards to ensure the best flavor in every mea They are also free from dyes, high-fructose corn syrup, added MSG and other artificial ingredients making them clean as a whistle! I find mine at my local Winco.
How to cook grilled chicken to perfection
I asked Mr. Clean Eats to give me all of his secret tips and tricks to getting the most delicious grilled chicken that is juicy and packed full of flavor. Here is what he said:
- Make sure your breasts are equal in thickness. If that means you need to butterfly or pound the breast down a bit, do. This helps cook the chicken evenly, keeping one end from drying out before the other has time to cook.
- Marinate that bird. Pierce each breast with a fork and add all ingredients to a pan, bowl or plastic bag. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes or up to 4 hours.
- Make sure your grill grates are clean. You can do this by firing up your grill to high and allowing it to cook off or by scraping with a wire brush.
- Oil your grates with a bit of olive oil to prevent sticking.
- Heat grill to medium high heat (we use a Traeger and heat to 450) and allow each breast to cook about 10 minutes per side, depending on the size of your breast. Chicken is done when internal temperature reaches 165.
- Remove the chicken from the grill, cover with foil and allow the chicken to rest for five minutes. This traps in all the juice and by the time you are ready to serve its cooled to juicy perfection.
What to serve with grilled chicken beast
We love to top a simple green salad with this chicken and serve it with a fresh loaf of grilled garlic bread and homemade ranch dressing. It’s the perfect meal for a hot summer night.
I always make sure to double each batch of grilled chicken on Sunday so we have leftovers to use up for the week! Hashtag meal prep. I will use this for lunches and throw a couple ounces into a salad or wrap!
Ready or not, summer is here, be prepared to host a last minute BBQ with the best grilled chicken recipe EVER!! You’ll never cook chicken any other way again! Enjoy!
The Best Grilled Chicken
The only grilled chicken recipe you’ll need this summer! It’s easy, versatile and absolutely lip smacking delicious! Marinated in a bath of lime juice, olive oil and a tasty line up of Watkins Organic spices.
- 1 tbsp Watkins Cumin
- 1 tsp Watkins Organic Oregano Leaves
- 1 tsp Watkins Organic Chili Powder
- 1 tsp Watkins Himalayan Pink Salt
- 1/2 tsp Watkins Organic Onion Powder
- 1/2 tsp Watkins Organic Paprika
- 1/2 tsp Watkins Organic Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tsp Watkins Black Pepper
- 1 tbsp lime zest
- 1/3 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1-2 tbsp water optional
This is a sponsored conversation in partnership with The Watkins Co. All opinions expressed are my own.
This looks yummy! I’m wondering how many chicken breasts you put in this marinade?
Hi, thank you! Between 4-6 breasts!
Can you do this in the oven????