As soon as the crisp fall air starts rolling in you better believe soup is on the menu! Its a great way to pack in those extra veggies for picky eaters and fill tummies! Its fully loaded with hearty ingredients that you can feel good about feeding your family! This is one of our favorite recipes, I’ve been making it for years and its always a hit! I hope it warms your families tummies too! Enjoy!
Clean Eats Minestrone Soup
- 1 ½ pounds lean grass fed ground beef or ground turkey
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion chopped
- 2 ribs celery chopped
- 6 cups bone broth or beef broth
- 2 ½ cups water
- 1 15 oz can diced fire-roasted tomatoes diced with juice
- 1 15 oz can medium black olives whole
- 1 15 oz can great northern or any other white beans 15 oz
- 1 ½ cups carrots thinly ripple sliced
- 1 cup dry whole wheat elbow pasta
- 2 cups small zucchini thickly ripple sliced
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 ½ tsp Italian seasoning
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh parmesan or romano cheese shredded to top
In a large stock-pot, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion and garlic and sauté until fragrant.
Add ground beef, salt and pepper. Stir to coat well until meat is browned.
Add broth, water and Italian seasoning. Bring to a boil.
Add tomatoes, olives, beans and carrots. Simmer for 20 minutes
Meanwhile cook pasta according to package directions and set aside.
Add zucchini slices and simmer for an additional 20 minutes.
Once vegetables are tender, serve in individual bowls with a scoop of cooked pasta and sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
Ready for the instant version? It’s so easy you’ll be done in 20 minute and love it!
To prepare in Instant Pot:
- If you haven’t already purchased an Instant Pot go do that now. Shop here.
- Make this soup.
- Sauté oil, onion and garlic on sauté setting with lid off, stirring frequently until fragrant.
- Add beef, salt and pepper.
- Continue to sauté until well browned. Drain oil if needed.
- Add remaining ingredients, close lid and hit “soup” setting.
- When timer goes off, allow to rest for 1-2 min.
- Release steam and remove lid.
- Easy enough! Enjoy!