Meal prep is huge for my success. Each Sunday I whip up a batch of breakfast hash and pack it into individual servings to warm up during the week. Having breakfast grab and go ready saves me so much time and hastle in the chaos of the morning. I don’t know about you, but anything to help our mornings go a little smoother is two thumbs up in my book!
Apple Sausage and Breakfast Skillet
Yield 4-6 servings
- 1 pkg Aidells chicken & apple sausages, diced
- 1 lb brussel sprouts, ends trimmed and quartered
- 2 Granny Smith apples, diced
- 8 eggs
- 1 tbsp clarified butter
- kosher salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or tinfoil.
- Layer brussels evenly and drizzle with olive or avocado oil. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile in a large skillet sauté chicken sausage until lightly browned. Add apples. Sauté until apples are fork tender.
- Remove brussels from the oven and add to skillet with sausage and apples.
- In a separate pan heat 1 tbsp butter over medium heat.
- Scramble eggs in a separate bowl with 2 tbsp coconut milk.
- Add eggs to pan with melted butter and cook over medium. With a spatula stir eggs until almost done. Remove from heat and continue cooking until no longer runny.
- Add eggs to skillet with sausage, apples and brussels.
- Salt and pepper to taste. Enjoy
Whole Family option: top with sharp cheddar or Parmesan cheese if desired.