This is almost a one pot dish and super easy for a weeknight meal! My whole family raved about it! You could easily switch up the noodles for zoodles and keep it Paleo. I picked out the shrimp and served mine with sautéed spinach. So delish!
Clean Shrimp Pasta Primavara
- 1-2 pounds shrimp peeled and deveined, tails removed (you could also use pre-cooked)
- 1 package 16 oz whole wheat fusilli pasta
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tbsp olive oil more if needed
- 1 can 14 oz fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 1 jar marinara sauce I prefer Kirkland
- 4 or more handfuls of fresh spinach
- 1-2 tsp Italian seasoning
- salt and pepper to taste
- red pepper flakes optional
- 1 package 8 oz mozzarella pearls
Cook pasta according to package directions, drain and set aside.
In a large sauté pan heat oil to medium.
Add garlic and sauté until fragrant.
Add seasonings, tomatoes and spinach and sauté for 5 minutes.
Add shrimp to tomatoes and spinach mixture and cook until light pink in color and no longer translucent in center. Adjust seasonings if needed.
Add 1-2 cups marinara, more if needed.
Toss with pasta and top with mozzarella pearls. Enjoy!