Summer salads are my jam! This asian inspired crunch salad is not only colorful but light and refreshing! Serve it as a side or add a side of salmon or chicken and make it a meal! Either way it will become a family favorite!
Asian Crunch Noodle Salad
- 8 oz whole wheat angel hair pasta GF if needed
- 8 oz julienne carrots
- 6 oz baby bell peppers seeded and sliced thin into rings
- 3 english cucumbers seeded and sliced into present shapes
- 3 scallions sliced thin
- 1 bunch cilantro chopped
- 1/2 head savoy cabbage
- 1/2 head napa cabbage
- 1/2 head purple cabbage
- 1/2 bunch kale stems removed and finely chopped
- 1 cup shelled edamame
- 2 cups chopped roasted peanuts
- 4 wedges of fresh lime
Creamy Peanut Vinaigrette
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup coconut aminos
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup raw honey
- 3 tbsp freshly grated ginger
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp creamy all natural peanut butter
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- red pepper flakes optional
Cook noodles to al dente according to package instructions. Rinse, drain and set aside to cool.
For the dressing: Place all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. Transfer to a mason jar and store in refrigerator. (I prefer to double the recipe, you can never have enough extra homemade dressing on hand!)
For the salad: Add noodles and veggies to large mixing bowl. Pour dressing over top and toss with your hands or tongs until evenly coated. Adjust dressing as needed. Salt and pepper to taste.
Transfer to a large serving platter, garnish with lime wedges and top with Maple Grilled Chicken or Teriyaki Chicken.
Recipe cleaned up but inspired by Food Networks Asian Noodle Salad
Leave a Reply