Monday morning came fast this week! Rushing out the door with this delicious smoothie from Oh She Glows in hand! Her recipe:
Pumpkin Butternut Cinnamon Date Smoothie
- 1 cup + 1/2 cup almond milk or milk of choice
- 1 cup + 1/4 cup packed roasted butternut squash or 3/4-1 cup canned puréed squash (I used half squash half pumpkin)
- 3-4 large Medjool dates pitted (I used date paste)
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1-2 teaspoons cinnamon to taste
- 1.5 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- sprinkle of ground cloves
- 5-6 large ice cubes or as needed
To cook the squash: Preheat oven to 400F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Slice the stem off the squash (optional) and slice the squash in half lengthwise. Scoop out the seeds with a spoon. Brush a bit of oil on the squash and sprinkle with a pinch of salt. Place squash on the baking sheet, cut side up, and roast for 35-50 minutes, until fork tender and golden brown on the bottom. Allow to cool.
For the smoothie: Add all smoothie ingredients into a high speed blender and blend on high until smooth, Adjusting the spices as needed. Serve immediately & enjoy!
The only variations I made to the original recipe were that I used half roasted squash and half canned pumpkin and date paste because that is what I had on hand. So delish!