It’s over 100 degrees in Utah right now and the last thing I feel like doing is eating much let alone cooking! I crave cool, light and refreshing in the summer and this salad is just that! I prefer the light flavor of the lemon and oil but feel free to add a splash of your favorite dressing for more variety! It’s the perfect side dish or main dish topped with chicken or fish. Make sure to massage that kale extra good. You’ll be shocked by the change in texture and flavor! Enjoy!
Massaged Kale and Quinoa Salad
- 1 package Taylor Farms kale and beet salad mix
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1 cup shelled edamame cooked
- 1 yellow bell pepper diced fine
- 1 orange pepper diced fine
- 1/4 purple onion diced fine
- Avocado oil about 1-2 tablespoons
- Juice of 2 lemons
- Garlic powder to taste
- Kosher salt and pepper to taste
Cook quinoa according to package directions. Allow to cool. Set aside.
Add kale salad mix to a large bowl and drizzle with avocado oil. Massage kale with hands until rich in color and silky soft.
Add remaining ingredients and blend well.
Adjust seasoning if needed. The flavor is best if you let it set for a few hours before serving. Enjoy!