Incase you haven’t noticed I am totally crushing on my newly gifted Instant Pot. I’ve so cleverly nicknamed it the “magic pot”. My mother has been telling me for years that I needed to add a pressure cooker to my kitchen tools to save time and money for my family! As any child would do I nodded, said “uh huh” and ignored her each time. Why do I still do that? She clearly knows better than me! Anyways one day she showed up out of the blue… or was it after I had a total meltdown over the phone about how I can’t keep up with laundry, dishes, errands, kids activities, work, life…. aka everything AND still make dinner? I can’t remember… with an Instant Pot and a bag full of ingredients to make dinner! She so sweetly said “Here I got you the latest model. All the cool kids are doing it. Let me know what you think.” I love that lady. So SO much!
So folks here we are. Game changer. I honestly don’t know how I did dinner without it! It’s become the only reason my family has dinner instead of pizza or eggs on the nights I work. Truly. I use it at least three times a week. Today as I did the remaining dishes from Sunday dinner… don’t judge… I sautéed my onions and garlic in that magic pot, once fragrant and translucent I then added the chicken and seasonings, hit the poultry button and walked away. I returned 15 minutes later to perfectly shreddable chicken! I pre-baked potatoes earlier this morning and bought a chopped salad kit at Sprouts (ditched the dressing for homemade ranch) and called it dinna! No complaints.
I don’t have time to always make Pinterest worthy meals. Nine times out of ten we pick a protein, veggie or two, decide a cuisine and make it up as we go! In my new ebook I co-authored with my friend Rachel Gainer we teach you how to make last minute meals with an easy to follow chart for those “no time for planning” days aka everyday for me lately. The magic pot makes those days even less stressful!
Instant Pot Honey Buffalo Shredded Chicken by Clean Eats & Treats
Instant Pot Honey Buffalo Shredded Chicken
- 4-5 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, thawed
- 2/3 cup Tessemaes Hot Buffalo Sauce, divided
- 1/4 cup raw local honey
- 1/4 cup chicken stock
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, chopped
- tsp olive or avocado oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Add oil, onion and garlic to Instant Pot and hit sauté button,. Cook until fragrant and onions are translucent. About 5 minutes. You could also cook until brown.
- Add chicken, 1/3 cup hot sauce, honey, chicken stock and salt and pepper to pot.
- Close lid, make sure valve is sealed and hit poultry button. *If you’re using frozen chicken use the manual setting and cook for 30 minutes.
- Walk away.
- Once done, vent valve to release steam. Carefully remove lid and shred chicken. Transfer to a bowl and add remaining hot sauce. Adjust seasonings to taste.
- Top baked potatoes, salads, slider buns, lettuce cups or whatever else you wish! Enjoy!
Alicia Bell, M.Ed.
The recipe says to add chicken stock but it’s not listed in the ingredient list, so how much stock should be added?