My favorite way to breakfast on the go! If you’re looking for a grab and go breakfast option… this is it! I make a couple batches in advance and separate into two muffin servings. You can reheat in the microwave or eat them cold. I actually don’t mind them chilled. Either way they are delicious!
In the past every egg cup recipe I have tried has been a disaster! The eggs get stuck to the pan and I end up with a pile of scraps. Insert prosciutto. It acts like magic and each cup pops out with no problem! I will never go back to any other recipe again! Not to mention it leaves a salty fabulous flavor that merges perfectly with the eggs and veggies!
Most prosciutto packages come with 6-7 slices. You can typically mold each piece to fit perfectly but if you have any spots to fill, cut that extra piece to fill in the holes!
Fill each cup with veggie mixture and top with eggs. Once done they’ll pop right out! Enjoy!
Prosciutto Veggie Egg Cups
Yield 6 cups
- 4 eggs
- 4 egg whites
- chopped mushrooms
- halved grape tomatoes
- chopped red onion
- diced bell peppers
- chopped spinach or kale
- 1 pkg Applegate prosciutto
- pepper to taste
- Spray muffin tin generously with cooking spray.
- Line edges and bottom of muffin cup with prosciutto.
- Beat eggs and egg whites together.
- Add salt and pepper and any other seasonings you may like.
- Add a layer of veggies to bottom of proscuitto lined muffin tin, about 1/4 full.
- Top with egg mixture until about 3/4 of the way full.
- Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes.
- Top with your favorite salsa or hot sauce! Enjoy!