S’mores stuffed banana boats for your weekend…
We are headed off to our annual family reunion this weekend! Every year we make the five hour trip to Bear Lake with our entire extended family. It’s our most cherish summer vacation. We camp, hit the lake, golf, hike, bike, potluck and eat all the things! I am always looking for fun new ways to bring our favorite back yard treats to the Bear Lake fire pit.
S’mores ARE and ALWAYS will be a family camping tradition of ours. It’s just NOT camping without s’mores, am I right? I decided we needed a healthier option a few years ago, one that I would feel good eating and could also enjoy with my family!
How could we clean up our favorite camping treat? Then it hit me… just add fruit!
Bananas and chocolate have never let me down. We love Chocolove creamy Belgian milk chocolate bars from Whole Foods Market. I had a few in the pantry and decided to give it a test run! I split the banana lengthwise and stuffed them with chocolate, then topped them off with a few (maybe a lot) mini marshmallows and let them get all melty in the oven.
ONE WORD. Delicious! Look at all that melty goodness! I can’t even. I ate mine with a BIG ole spoon but my family scooped theirs up with graham crackers and went to town!
You could play around with what you have on hand and make so many different variations!
Here are a few of my favorites:
- almond butter
- peanut butter
- coconut flakes
- dried fruit
- white or dark chocolate
The list goes on and on. Play around and customize them to your liking! These will definitely be coming along with us this weekend. We can’t wait to share our latest treat with the rest of our family and yours!
I updated this post from 2014 and reposted with new pics! The original above is a great reminder of how far this little blog has come. Still just as delicious, with a few new tricks up my sleeve! Thank you all for being here and following along. Xo
S'mores Stuffed Banana Boats
- Quality chocolate bar (we love Chocolove) or chocolate chips
- Mini marshmallows
- Graham crackers
- Lay banana on a sheet of tinfoil sprayed with cooking spray. Slice bananas lengthwise and gently spread apart. Leaving the skin on. Stuff with toppings of your choice.
- Make a tent with tinfoil and loosely wrap bananas up and place on a rack over an open fire or in an oven at 400 degrees for 10 min.
- Once toppings are melted open tinfoil carefully and toast marshmallows with a hot coal or under the broiler until brown.
- Serve with graham crackers for scooping. Enjoy!