I’ve been craving something enchilada-ish for weeks but haven’t had time to put anything together. I FINALLY grabbed all the basic ingredients I needed at the store today and ran out of time per usual. So I decided to just throw it all into a skillet and call it dinner! It was so EASY and equally DELICIOUS! I may never make my traditional enchiladas again!
One Pan Enchilada Bake
- Top off a pile of steamed spaghetti squash or zoodles.
- Scoop into warmed corn tortillas.
- Stuff it into a baked sweet potato.
- Use as a dip and scoop with tortilla chips.
- 1 lb ground turkey ground beef or shredded chicken would also work
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1/2 tbsp cumin
- 1 onion diced
- 1 green bell pepper diced
- 1 yellow bell pepper diced
- 1- 4 oz can mild green chills diced
- 2 cups red enchilada sauce read ingredient labels and avoid added sugars
- 1 cup black beans rinsed and drained
- 2 cups cooked brown rice or quinoa or a mix of the two
- squeeze of fresh lime
- kosher salt and pepper to taste
Add 1 tbsp avocado oil to a large skillet and brown onion and ground turkey until turkey is no longer pink.
To the same skillet add garlic, green chilis and bell peppers. Sauté until peppers are soft.
Season with salt, pepper, Lin juice, cumin and chili powder and mix well.
Add black beans and rice (or quinoa). Stir.
Add enchilada sauce and mix well. Allow to simmer for 10-15 min on low.
Top with shredded cheese if desired, greek yogurt, black olives, green onion, cilantro, red peppers or tomatoes. Enjoy!