Last week we had the most magical mini Friendsgiving in the woods. These littles were jumping up and down with joy at the sight of this beautiful table! The cutest decor, pumpkin pie cookies, crafts and a kids charcuterie board made with little fingers in mind, made for such a fun fall day!
I love Thanksgiving! It might just be my favorite holiday! The food, colors and chill in the air brings a sense of warmth I can’t explain. I equally love that my children enjoy it as much as I do! We were so excited when Jenni from Taipan invited us to spend the day celebrating! She creates the most magical scenes, I mean just look at that table!! I brought a charcuterie board for little fingers and the kids went crazy for it! Here’s what I did..
How-to charcuterie for kids
- Spreads: Hummus (Lantana White Bean is mild and delicious + kid friendly), jams, dips, and nut/seed butter. Add spoons to small dishes to encourage little amounts.
- Crackers: We used mini cheese sandwiches, goldfish crackers and pretzel thins. Crusty bread and melba toasts would be good too.
- Fruits: Fresh berries, grapes and mandarin oranges, Dried apricots, raisins and apple slices are also fun.
- Vegetables: Baby tomatoes, mini cucumbers, sliced carrots, celery and olives.
- Meats: Salami, pepperoni, sliced turkey and ham. Bundle on toothpicks for easy feasting.
- Cheese: Cubed cheddar and swiss, string cheese and mozzarella pearls. The milder the better on this kid friendly platter.
- Nuts and seeds: I use these for fillers. Cashews, almonds, pistachios ect. Trail mixes are yummy too.
Think finger foods and get creative! There is no wrong way to charcuterie! The more the merrier in my opinion, all the variety makes for one pretty plate!
My neighbor pulled through and made themes adorable pumpkin pie sugar cookies! They were almost too cute to eat… almost. They were the perfect addition!
Once the littles had finished eating we sent them on a scavenger hunt in the woods. They were entertained for a good 30 minutes hunting for all the things and so excited to check each and every last one off their list!
Can we talk about this crown made with fallen leaves? Incredible. I have some overly talented + creative friends!!
Look at these cute happy faces! My sweet friend Brittany has the most gorgeous brown eyed babies and they are always styled to perfection! She also posts fabulous fashion finds on her Instagram so make sure to check out her feed!
It really couldn’t have been a more perfect fall day! If you’ve ever wanted to host a Friendsgiving but just couldn’t find the time, do it for the littles in your life instead! This was so much fun and far less stressful! Happy fall ya’ll!
All fall decor Taipan
Charcuterie wood board Taipan
Paper plates & napkins Target
Pumpkin Patch scavenger hunt printable here