To all of my nut-free mamas out there, this post is for YOU! I wanted to create a version of my original powerballs that you and your littles could enjoy as well! I replaced peanut butter with SunButter in our original powerball recipe and the end results are incredibly tasty! These little nut-free gems are not only delicious, but they are healthy, nutrient dense and packed full of protein!
Did you know SunButter has more vitamins and minerals than any other nut butter? Win!
We love the taste of SunButter in our house, it’s creamy, nutty and delicious. I could eat it by the spoonful and I usually do. It has such a unique flavor unlike any other nut butter. It’s a tad bit more bitter than most but I actually prefer it’s taste. Try it, you will be pleasantly surprised.
We chose to add cinnamon + currants to this recipe to mix it up, and I am SO glad we did. Think oatmeal raisin cookies with a crunchy twist. You are welcome.
I found these festive chocolate covered sunflower seeds at Target and knew they had to join the mix. So cute right?
The original SunButter is slightly sweetened, but I found unsweetened for you here. Next time I think I’ll use unsweetened, as these are a little too sweet for me. No complaints from the little people though!
Feel free to experiment with both, the texture won’t change.
We wil definitely be making these on repeat over here! They are the perfect fall sweet treat! ENJOY!
SunButter Cinnamon Crunch Powerballs
- 1 1/2 cups old fashioned oats
- 1 cup crispy rice cereal
- 1 cup SunButter
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup dried currants
- 1/2 cup candy coated sunflower seeds
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- pinch of pink salt
- Combine all dry ingredients in a kitchen-aid mixing bowl.
- Using the paddle attachment, mix until well blended.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix until a "dough" forms.
- Scoop into balls with a 2-inch cookie scoop.
- Place onto a cookie sheet and refrigerate for at least one hour before serving.
- Store in the refrigerator for up to one week.