It’s a down pour in our neck of the woods today. On top of that my littles seem to have been struck with a tummy bug. No fun. I decided to keep us busy and do a little recipe creating! I took the basic recipe for my Power Balls and switched it up a bit. The result was a hit! My family loves when I make sweets. It’s not very often so it really is a treat! I don’t “bake”. I can cook all day long but baking and I don’t get along. So anything no-bake that tastes like a treat is a win win for me! These will be on our weekly rotation for lunches from now on! Enjoy!
No-Bake Peanut Butter Crunch Bars
Extra bars should be kept cold in the fridge but chances are you won't have any!
- Combine dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- In a separate bowl combine peanut butter (I love Crazy Richards PB because of its consistency. It's almost runny which is perfect for baking) and warm honey, stir and pour over dry ingredients. ***If using more of a firm PB place both honey and PB in a small sauce pan and heat over medium-low, stirring constantly, until melted. Blend well.
- Line an 8x8 baking dish with parchment paper. Pour mixture into pan and press firmly with a piece of folded over parchment paper to avoid sticking to your hands.
- Place in freezer for 30 min to an hour or fridge for 4 hours until firm.
- Mix melted chocolate chips and coconut oil together. (I melt mine in a bowl over a pot of boiling water).
- Remove bars from the freezer. Cut into squares. Drizzle with chocolate. Enjoy!