Dinner doesn’t have to take up half your day. So many nights I’m tempted to swing through the drive-thru while I’m out shuffling kids around. Its just as easy to grab a rotisserie chicken (Harmons and Whole Foods both sell “bare” chickens that are nitrate and hormone free) and toss it in a stock pot with some veggies and broth for a hearty tasty 15 minute soup!
Quick & Easy Tasty Tuscan Soup
Quick & Easy Tasy Tuscan Soup by Clean Eats and Treats
- 2 c bare rotissere chicken diced
- 1 c yellow onion diced
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 4 c low sodium organic chicken broth
- 1 small can cannelloni beans rinsed and drained
- 1 pkg Seeds of Change pre-cooked quinoa and brown rice
- 1 16 oz jar sliced roasted red peppers diced + liquid removed
- 4 Tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tsp fresh rosemary
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 pkg baby spinach roughly chopped
- Parmasan cheese to top if desired
In a stock pot add olive oil and heat over medium
Add onions and garlic until fragrant
Add broth, beans, Seeds of Change, roasted red peppers, tomato paste, bare chicken and seasonings. Adjust seasonings if needed.
Allow to simmer over medium heat for 15 minutes.
Right before serving add spinach until wilted
Serve with a sliced whole wheat baguette and a sprinkle of parmasan cheese on top. Enjoy!