Summer is here and nothing hot sounds good to us! Salads, watermelon and shaved ice are what we’re eating! I stocked up on Wild Planet tuna fish when Sprouts had it on sale a while back. Luckily my whole family loves tuna salad! I’m constantly changing up recipes for new flavors and this one was a winner!! The sweet plus savory gets me every time! Enjoy!
Curried Tuna Salad
If you are currently on Whole 30 omit curried cashews and sub for raw cashews. Or if roasting your own curried cashews use date paste/syrup rather than honey in the recipe linked. Serve in lettuce cups or bell pepper boats.
- 2 7 oz cans albacore or tongol tuna packed in water, drained
- 1 cup seedless red grapes halved
- 1 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1/4 cup sliced green onion
- 1/4 cup golden raisins plumped in 1/2 cup warm water for 10 minutes
- 1/3 cup chopped curried cashews plain will work as well ***see note
- 2 tbsp coconut or almond milk
- 2 tbsp homemade paleo mayo
- Juice of one lemon
- 2 tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp dill
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
In a mixing bowl break tuna up with a fork. Toss with grapes, celery, green onion, raisins and cashews.
In a small bowl add paleo mayo, milk, lemon juice, and curry powder. Mix well. Add dill and garlic powder. Stir. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Add mayo mixture to tuna mixture and toss to combine flavors.
Serve in lettuce cups, bell pepper boats, or whole grain pitas.