Yes I said protein pancakes!
These have been a whole family favorite of ours for years. Anytime my kids beg me for a healthy recipe its a win! Surprisingly they actually prefer this recipe over normal pancakes and I do too!
Not only are they delicious, they are packed full of protein to keep you full and energized throughout the morning!
Who doesn’t want a pancake for breakfast?
I could eat them for every meal! My favorite topping is sweetened cottage cheese. Its so good! Its simply just cottage cheese with a drizzle of honey or stevia drops to sweeten, top it off with some blueberries and orange zest and its basically dessert… for breakfast!
The options are endless with toppings. My kids love peanut butter and jam on theirs and my hubby keeps it simple with maple syrup.
There is no wrong answer here.
I like to whip up a couple batches at the same time and keep them in the fridge for a quick meal. They heat up great in the microwave.
Give them a try and let me know what you think! I’d bet you’ll never ho back to the original again!
Yield 2 servings
- 1/2 cup gluten free oats, broken down in a blender or magic bullet to an almost flour consistency. (You want it to be powder like but still have some chunks.)
- 1/2 cup cottage cheese
- 1 scoop vanilla protein
- 6 large egg whites (about 1 cup)
- dash of cinnamon
- coconut oil
- Combine all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Melt 1 tsp coconut oil in a pan over medium heat.
- Cook as you would a pancake. I use the Perfect Pancake Pan, originally purchased for a white elephant gift but I ended up taking it home and love it! A griddle works well too!
- Top with fruit, honey, maple syrup or sweetened cottage cheese. Enjoy!
- applesauce + cinnamon
- mashed bananas + cardamom
- sweetened cottage cheese (sweeten with raw honey, lemon curd, pure maple syrup or all natural fruit spread)
- fresh fruit
- pure maple surup
- almond butter
- greek yogurt + granola
- shredded coconut + enjoy life chocolate chips
- citrus zest
- the kitchen sink (;