It’s no secret we are big fans of Cubby’s over here! If you’re local to Utah you can understand why! It’s the perfect marriage between burger joint and healthy salad shop which makes it ideal for date night! I am constantly craving their beet and goat cheese salad… its so good! If you go, try it with grilled chicken and thank me later. I found myself sneaking away to grab lunch solo just to get my fix in, so I decided to create my own version to enjoy at home! Even better I’m tossing it in mason jars so I can take it on the go!
I am a firm believer in meal prep and finding items of convenience to make living a healthier lifestyle more attainable. My mother always taught me to turn my fridge into a fast food restaurant. Having healthy options ready and available will ensure I am making healthier choices! Love Beets have been a staple in our meal prep routine for years. They are organic, come pre-cooked and ready to eat! Not to mention they taste amazing! I use them for snacking, in salads, smoothies, and even juices!
This salad is not only delicious, it is beyond simple. Most of the ingredients require very little preparation. I like to meal prep a big batch of grilled chicken on Sunday nights to use throughout the week. It makes lunchtime so much easier! I keep mine diced in a tupperware and ready to toss in whatever. You could also use quinoa or garbanzo beans in place of the chicken if you’d prefer!
I love food, but I love pretty food even more! This salad is gorgeous! You can easily prepare it as a meal rather than in mason jars too. Just double the recipe and you are ready to feed a crowd! Enjoy!
Love Beet and Citrus Salad
Yield 3 mason jar salads
- 9 ounces grilled chicken, diced
- 1 1/2 cups Love Beets , diced
- 6 handfuls spring mix
- 3 clementines, peeled
- 3 tbsp pistachios
- 3 tbsp feta cheese
- 1/2 cup citrus vinaigrette
- 1 medium avocado
For the Citrus Vinaigrette:
- 1/2 cup fresh pressed orange juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/8 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- kosher salt an pepper to taste
- Prepare dressing and set aside.
- Set out 3 quart size mason jars.
- Place 3 tbsp dressing in the bottom of each jar.
- Layer 1/2 cup beets, 1 clementine, 3 oz chicken, 1 tbsp pistachios, 1 tbsp feta and 2 handfuls of mixed greens in each jar. You could also add 1/3 avocado to the jar or wait until you're ready to serve..
- Refrigerate for up to 3 days. Enjoy!
Combine all ingredients in a mason jar and use an immersion blender to mix. Store any leftovers for up to on week.