Chinese take out anyone? My teenagers love Chinese food. Me personally… not a fan. My compromise? Their favorite recipe for teriyaki chicken recreated and cleaned up by mom! Made with honey to sweeten and fresh ingredients this dish is sure to please a crowd and your healthy wishes!
AND of course the Instant Pot saves the day yet again! Reasons who it’s listed as my top 10 kitchen tool in our ebook Clean Eating. sinplified. Available now and on sale for 30% off! Enjoy!
Instant Pot Clean Teriyaki Chicken
You could also prepare in a slow cooker on low for 4-6 hours.
- 4-5 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut in half
- 1 cup raw local honey
- 1 cup coconut aminos (or soy sauce)
- 1/2 cup rice wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp fresh ginger, minced
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 onion, shredded or finely diced
- Dash of pepper
- Arrowroot starch or cornstarch slurry to thicken (optional)
- Combine honey, coconut aminos (or soy sauce), rice vinegar, ginger, garlic, onion and pepper in a bowl. Whisk well.
- Add chicken to Instant Pot and pour sauce over the top.
- Seal lid.
- Hit the poultry button and walk away!
- Once done remove chicken and shred.
- Transfer the remaining sauce from the Instant Pot and add it to a sauce pan and heat over medium.
- If you want to thicken add 1 tbsp arrowroot or cornstarch to a glass with cold water and make a slurry.
- Slowly add slurry to sauce. Bring to a boil. Remove from burner once desired thickness is achieved.
- Pour over shredded chicken and mix well.
- Top with purple cabbage, shredded carrots, green onion and sesame seeds.
- Serve over a bed of brown or cauliflower rice.