Eggnog. You either love it or you hate it. I personally love it, but I’m the only person in my family who can tolerate it’s texture by the glassful. My kids prefer it in dip form. Eggnog Holiday Dip form to be exact…
I’ve been meaning to share this recipe since the end of November… renovation problems. It has been a holiday favorite since I was a little girl. My grandmother would make it every year for her famous New Years Eve party. One for the “adults” and one for the kids if you know what I mean. She would serve it up with a giant platter of ornate homemade tea cookies and sliced fruit. I love that I can carry on her traditions with my own little family.
Lucky for me, Whole Foods has a large selection of delicious boxed cookies to add to the spread. It’s no secret baking isn’t my strong suit.
This recipe is as simple as they come. Simply add all ingredients to your Kitchen-Aid stand mixer and serve! We love ours with apples, gingersnaps, vanilla wafers and graham crackers! The options are endless, you could probably dip cardboard into this stuff and it would be delicious!
I’m sure you’re thinking “how is this clean”… well it isn’t. I mean, yes it is made with REAL organic ingredients but it also contains sugar. Sugar is sugar, organic or not. We don’t eat much sugar in our home but we do eat it on occasion. I am a firm believer of all things in moderation. I prefer to save my indulgences for quality treats, and this one wins!
Most definitely lick the beaters. Don’t skip that part.
You most likely have all ingredients needed to whip this up! If not run to Whole Foods and snag what you’re missing, including Organic Valley Eggnog. It has the perfect texture… not too thick and not too thin, juuuuuust right.
While you’re there be sure to pick up a party platter or two for your New Years Eve festivities! We used Whole Foods for our Christmas Eve spread this year and I was so impressed with the quality. They were all so fresh and delicious!
I hope you all have a wonderful New Year! Thank you all for your continued support here, without you Clean Eats & Treats wouldn’t be possible. I am beyond grateful to be able to share my passion with each of you every day. Here’s to another year of delicious clean eating! Cheers!
Eggnog Holiday Dip with Apples and Cookies
- 1 (8oz) pkg 365 organic cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup Organic Valley eggnog, room temperature
- 1 tsp 365 organic vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp 365 organic almond extract
- 1/2 tsp 365 organic Korintje cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp 365 organic nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp 365 organic cardamom
- 2 cups 365 organic powdered sugar
- In the bowl of a Kitchen Aid mixer, beat cream cheese unto smooth with the wire whip attachment.
- Add vanilla extract, almond extract, cinnamon, nutmeg and cardamom. Mix.
- Slowly beat in egg nog and powdered sugar.
- Serve with sliced apples and a selection of cookies.
- Store in sealed container for up to 7 days in the refrigerator.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Whole Foods. The opinions and text are all mine.