This recipe was inspired by a friend requesting a pre-workout popable snack to get her up and moving while training for a marathon on her early morning runs! It was such a hit I started making them for several other friends and clients as weekly staples too. Not only are they super tasty- think latte flavored chocolate oatmeal cookies- but they pack a healthy powerful punch! Made with all natural ingredients and added protein. If you’re not a coffee lover you could always substitute with Crio Bru, but give these little guys a chance!!
Coffee Cocoa Buzz Balls
Yield 12-15 balls
- Combine all dry ingredients in kitchen-aid mixer bowl.
- Mix on low until ingredients are well blended.
- Add wet ingredients to blended dry ingredients.
- Mix on medium speed until a "dough" forms.
- Scrape sides of bowl with a spatula and mix again if needed.
- Remove bowl from Kitchen-aid stand.
- Using a 2-inch cookie scoop form dough into balls.
- Set balls on a parchment lined cookie sheet or storage container and refrigerate for at least one hour or until ready to eat.
- Keep refrigerated up to one week, if they last that long! Enjoy!