With Easter just around the corner I am already craving a big slab of rich ooey gooey carrot cake! And Reese’s peanut butter eggs… heaven help me.
Typically I’m not a cake girl but good carrot cake is a different story. We even chose it as our wedding cake. I craaaaave it. Market Street Grill has THE BEST carrot cake. If you ever find yourself there… splurge! One day I will recreate a clean version of the real deal but for now… carrot cake breakfast oats friends! Seriously these taste almost too good to be breakfast. More like dessert. Most definitely a clean treat for me! Balance it out with some scrambled egg whites maybe? Enjoy!
Carrot Cake Oats
Yield 1 servings
Alternately you could combine all ingredients in a sealed mason jar and set in the refrigerator overnight. In the morning serve warm or cold. Enjoy!
- 1 carrot, peeled and finely shredded
- ½ cup rolled oats
- ¾ cup milk of choice ( I prefer cashew)
- 1 tbsp raw unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 tbsp pure maple syrup
- ½ tsp vanilla
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- dash of cardamom
- pinch of pink salt
- 1 tbsp chopped pecans
- 1 tbsp raisins
- Combine all ingredients in a saucepan and bring to a low boil.
- Reduce heat to medium and cook until oats are tender. About 5-7 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Let sit for 5 additional minutes to thicken.
- Top with greek yogurt and a dash of cardamom.