Raise you hand if you love banana bread!! When I chose to remove gluten from my diet I turned all my favorite sweet breads into oatmeal! It just made sense. This ones my fave and it’s perfect on a cool fall morning to get you out the door well nourished and fueled for a busy day!
Banana Bread Slow Cooker Oats
Yield 2-3 servings
- 4 cups almond-coconut milk (or your choice of milk)
- 1 cup steel-cut oats
- 2 medium ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup raw honey
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup Enjoy Life mini chocolate chips
- milk of choice to top
- banana slices to top
- In a lined or greased 3-qt crockpot, combine almond-coconut milk, oats, mashed bananas, cinnamon, nutmeg, vanilla, raw honey and brown sugar. Cover and cook on low 7 hours until oatmeal is creamy and soft.
- Just before serving, top with milk, sliced banana, walnuts and chocolate chips. Enjoy!